Langwasser & Company, CPAs is hiring a Qualified Internal Financial Controller on behalf of a well-respected construction equipment rental company. They are currently searching for an Internal Financial Controller for their Riverside, CA location. All resumes must be submitted to Langwasser & Company, CPAs to be considered for the position.
Located in Riverside, we are a dynamic and growing privately owned rental company with a great working environment. We are seeking a detail oriented person to serve as our Financial Controller. Though accounting generally is the greatest strength we need you to possess, we brainstorm collectively on a variety of issues regularly so creativity, assertiveness and an ability to work with a team are essential.
We have been in business for 12 years so that means that we have seen great times as well as difficult times. Our company was able survive the "great recession" and since then we have had a stellar recovery! As a construction equipment rental company our business model and niche is a bit different than most of our competitors. We are highly focused on a smaller number of customers that do a larger volume of business with us. This gives us the ability to go deeper with our customers providing them with a level of service and support that simply does not exist within our industry.
This position is responsible for supporting the accounting, personnel, payroll, and business management operations of our business. A highly qualified and capable Qualified Internal Accountant is crucial to the success of our business as this person will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the profit and loss data for the business.
- Accounts Payable functions including entering and reconciling PO's and AP invoices, conducting regular check runs, paying bills, maintaining vendor files.
- Maintains inventory control by overseeing regular inventory checks, matches AP invoices with PO and Warehouse receipts to ensure accurate inventory data. Reconcile loan reports with system, ensuring timely payoffs and reconciling outstanding transactions.
- Prepares and enters payroll into the general ledger or serves as the liaison between the payroll company and our company.
- Maintains all Human Resources files and ensures the timely completion of all required HR forms and documentation, including tax and medical insurance requirements.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling transactions; investigating and resolving discrepancies, maintains the integrity of all accounting data.
- Prepares and records journal entries, along with any supporting documentation, Prepares monthly account analyses and close, management reports and bank reconciliations.
- Maintains historical records by preparing and filing documents.
- Maintains cash account and monitors daily close activities.
- Prepares reports for tax accountant/CPA.
- Assist with the budget and forecasting process as it relates to the ledgers.
- Assist with the annual audits performed by external auditors by preparing certain schedules and/or reports, pulling invoices, etc.
- Able to process work quickly, handle multiple tasks, channel information to the proper sources, and focus upon detail.
- Following directions carefully and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be excellent at communication. Must be a great listener.
- Good interpersonal and exceptional phone skills both with staff and customers.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with double entry accounting and GAAP.
- High degree of computer skills including Excel and Word.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in, accounting, bookkeeping, or auditing
- MUST HAVE stable job history with long tenure. If you’ve changed jobs every two years sorry we are not interested.
- Minimum requirement of at least a Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting.
- Knowledge of sales and use tax regulations and federal regulations preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The successful candidate can expect a very good salary. We are looking for someone very special and they will be rewarded accordingly.
- Medical and Dental
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid Vacation
Please email all resumes to HR@langwasser.com