Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000 - $130,000 a year
Our growing and well-respected Certified Public Accounting Firm is currently seeking a Tax & Accounting Manager for our office located in Upland, California. If you are passionate about tax and accounting and you are seeking a boost in both your professional and personal growth, you could be a great fit for our company. Our firm has been in business for more than 20 years and growing with great opportunities for advancement.
- Ability to accurately prepare and perform technical reviews of Individual, Corporate, S-Corp, LLC/LLP Partnership, Non-Profit, Estate and Trust Tax Returns
- Advise clients based on a demonstrated thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills related to tax preparation and accounting
- Assume responsibility to complete more complex and technical business returns, personal returns, and tax planning
- Perform client services, as needed, and see that assignments are finished timely and within allowable budgets
- Assist in the preparation of Complied, Reviewed and Audited Financial Statements for various types of clients
- Be a resource for clients, tax preparers and staff on specific tax issues or questions when required, and communicate to appropriate personnel when important tax or accounting developments affect our clients
- Help delegate and manage firm workflow to assure accurate, complete, and timely preparation of client tax returns and accounting work
- Assist in managing and mentoring staff to promote efficiency, stellar work product and advance continual growth in their skills and knowledge base
- Participate in firm practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community, and industry activities
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and maintaining a general knowledge of trends that could affect the business climate of our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university is required, and a Master’s in Taxation is preferred
- A current and valid CPA License is required
- 8+ years’ experience in public accounting demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research
- 1-2 years’ experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers and staff accountants
- In-depth knowledge of tax law and business taxation
- QuickBooks and Lacerte Tax Preparation software experience a plus
- Quick learner who has a strong attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy
- Excellent communication and grammar skills in English is a must
- Negotiable depending on experience
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Health and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules during off season
- CPA exam incentive bonus
- Professional development assistance
Please submit your resume, including salary history by email to email@example.com.
Langwasser & Company, Certified Public Accountants offers a competitive salary, benefit packages, and a positive, fun, and team-oriented work environment. For more information about our Company, please visit us www.langwasser.com.