Our growing and well-respected certified public accounting firm is currently seeking a corporate controller for our office in Upland, California.
This position is responsible for full cycle accounting, human resources, payroll, A/R, A/P and business management operations of our business. A controller is crucial to the success of our business as this person will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the profit and loss data for our CPA practice.
- Accounts receivable management - including collections and syncing/reconciling our billing system (Office Tools Professional) with our financial reporting system (QuickBooks). Processing and posting client payments. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Verifies general ledger accounts by reconciling transactions; investigating and resolving discrepancies, maintains the integrity of all accounting data.
- Prepares monthly account analyses and month-end close, management reports and bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepares and records journal entries, along with any supporting documentation.
- Maintains software licenses and computer systems.
- Maintains certifications – tracks and maintains continuing education for CPAs and EAs.
- Accounts payable functions including entering and reconciling AP invoices, conducting regular check runs, paying bills, maintaining vendor files. Ensure all bills are paid timely.
- Reviews employee time records for accuracy of posting. Enters payroll into the general ledger and serves as the liaison between the payroll company and our company. Ensures that payroll is paid timely.
- Maintains all human resources functions, including recruiting, employee relations and ensures the timely completion. This includes benefit program and workers compensation administration.
- Assists with annual peer and compliance audits performed by external auditors by preparing certain schedules and/or reports, pulling invoices, etc.
- Oversees administrative department, especially its control systems, transaction processing operations and policies and procedures.
- Advanced bookkeeping knowledge.
- Able to process work quickly, handle multiple tasks, channel information to the proper sources and focus upon detail.
- Following directions carefully and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be excellent at communication. Must be a great listener.
- Good interpersonal and exceptional phone skills both with staff and clients.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with double entry accounting and GAAP
- High degree of computer skills including Excel and Word.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and/or auditing - MUST HAVE stable job history with long tenure. If you’ve changed jobs every two years, sorry we are not interested.
- Minimum requirement of at least a bachelor's degree preferably in accounting.
- Excellent QuickBooks skills.
Langwasser & Company, Certified Public Accountants offers a competitive salary and benefit packages and a positive, fun and team-oriented work environment. For more information about our company, please visit us at www.langwasser.com.
Please submit your resume and including a salary history by e-mail at HR@Langwasser.com.