Our growing and well-respected Certified Public Accounting Firm is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our office located in Upland, California. If you are passionate about Accounting, Auditing, Tax Compliance, Estate Planning, Consulting and litigation support services, consider joining the Langwasser & Company, Certified Public Accounting Team.
The staff accountant works in a collaborative environment with other team members of our engagement team to develop and deliver creative solutions to client needs. In that role, the staff accountant will interact with members of the team at all levels and where feasible, will also interact with client personnel. As a member of the engagement team, qualified supervisory personnel will work with the staff accountant to provide proper training and guidance for assisting with the completion of assigned tasks.
Responsibilities of the staff accountant:
- Compilation, Review and Audit engagements for various types of clients and industries.
- Individual, Corporate, S-Corp, LLC/LLP (Partnership), Non-Profit, Gift, Estate and Trust Tax Planning and Preparation.
- Payroll and Sales Tax Return Preparation.
- Tax Authority correspondence and audit defense research and communication.
- Prepare work papers following the Firm’s policies and procedures and recommended best practices.
- Bring unusual or significant accounting and tax-related questions to a supervisor.
- Demonstrate awareness of budgets on engagements and the ability to work with supervisors or managers on keeping within those budgets.
- Become familiar and comply with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms, and relevant software. Continue educational process through firm provided training courses.
- Ability to work overtime as required, January 15 - April 15 and September 1 - Oct 15.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics from an accredited university is required.
- No experience required; 1-3 years public accounting experience preferred.
- Actively pursuing CPA certification by sitting for all schedule exams.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Lacerte Tax Preparation software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is a must.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects.
- Professional behavior and appearance. Honest and ethical with a strong work ethic. Proactive, resourceful, and client-oriented. Acceptance and execution of job responsibilities within a team environment.
Langwasser & Company, Certified Public Accountants offers a competitive salary and benefit packages and a positive, fun and team-oriented work environment. For more information about our Company and additional employment opportunities.
Please submit your resume and including a salary history by e-mail at: HR@langwasser.com